The peak season for zucchini is June through late August.
What You Need :
- 12 tomatoes
- 1 large sweet onion
- 8 medium zucchini
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- 2 t. Himalayan sea salt
- 1 T. celery seed
- 1 t. black pepper
- 1/4 c. fresh parsley
- 1/4 c. fresh basil
How To Make It :
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Cut the tomatoes into bite-size chunks.
3. Cut the onion in half and then into thin slices.
4. Slice the zucchini and celery into 1/2 inch slices.
5. Toss all of the vegetables together in a large bowl.
6. Add the next four ingredients.
7. Finely chop the parsley and basil.
8. Toss the herbs with all other ingredients.
9. Transfer all to a glass baking dish and cover.
10. Bake for 30 minutes, or until vegetables have reached
Cancer Fighting Zucchini Bake.
Tomatoes, which are in fact a fruit, and not a vegetable, provide the antioxidant Lycopene. Lycopene is important for flushing out free toxins. Free toxins can cause cancer and other diseases, and complications.
Onions are another contender in the fight against cancer. According to the American Heart Association, onions will help to prevent thrombosis (blood clots) and reduce hypertension (high blood pressure).
While zucchini also helps to fight cancer and heart disease, it is also wonderful for prostate health.
Original Publication Date Oct 29, 2017