Watermelon Feta Salad with Lime Cilantro Vinaigrette.
Watermelon, Feta, Lime and fresh herbs come together to make a unique and refreshing salad.
*If you do not like mint you can substitute any favored herb such as cilantro or basil.*
1 small round seedless watermelon, cut in half with flesh removed
3 oz. feta cheese, cut into evenly sized pieces
2 cups fresh arugula, cleaned and dried
1 cup fresh iceberg lettuce, cleaned and dried
Lime Vinaigrette Ingredients:
2 T. fresh lime juice
3 T. fresh mint washed, dried and chopped into small pieces (save some for garnish)
3 T. grapeseed oil
1 t. Dijon mustard
1 T. honey
2 t. ground cumin
2 t. sea salt
½ t. pepper
If possible, make the lime-cilantro vinaigrette in advance to give the flavors a chance to meld.
- Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a small glass bowl and whisk to combine thoroughly.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Cut a small watermelon in half, then remove and reserve flesh in a glass bowl.
- Add feta and washed arugula to a glass bowl along with the watermelon.
- Top with vinaigrette and toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve, line bowl with iceberg lettuce, add the watermelon feta mixture and garnish with fresh mint.
For an extra special serving vessel use small, round watermelons.
Be sure to check out all of the recipes on this site to see what else you may enjoy.