The base of this Japanese Potato Salad is created from red potatoes which offer a rich source of iron, potassium, and Vitamin C.
These wonderful nutrients provide just one of the reasons why this potato salad may turn into your favorite.
The fact that the potato salad also may help with energy, development of skin tissue, protection from free radical damage, and proper function of cells, tissues, and organs is an added bonus.
With its colorful array of flavors, the use of eggless mayonnaise and the high protein content provided primarily by the potato (4 grams of protein per medium-size potato), this is a potato salad that you do not have to feel guilty eating.
25 mins, 8 servings
- 1 lb red potatoes, cut into small chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon veganaise
- 2 tablespoon brown seed mustard
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 whole cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- Boil a large pot of water, add potatoes, and boil until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil, veganaise and brown mustard seed.
- Toss and set aside.
- While potatoes are boiling, soak onion in water for about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle salt on cucumber and drain any excess water from the cucumbers, then place in the bowl with the potatoes.
- Add additional salt, olive oil, and mustard to taste.
- Garnish with carrots and onions.
- Serve warm or cold.