1 cup quinoa, uncooked
1 tablespoon raw, unrefined coconut oil
1/2 red onion, finely diced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1/4 cup cilantro, de-stemmed and chopped
1/4 cup warm water
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons chili powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
pinch sea salt
1 can organic black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn, drained and rinsed
4-5 cups shredded lettuce
Ingredients for the Sour Cream topping:
1 container silken tofu
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
fresh juice from 1/2 of a lemon
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (optional)
sea salt, to taste
Vegan Chipotle Bowl Instructions
- Prepare the quinoa according to package directions. For extra flavor use vegetable broth rather than plain water.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan, add coconut oil and turn heat to medium-high.
- Once the oil is melted, add red pepper, green pepper, red onion, and cilantro.
- Mix well and cook for about 5 minutes, until onions become translucent.
- In a small bowl, combine warm water, cumin, chili powder, black pepper and sea salt by whisking together.
- Pour the spice mixture over the vegetables in the pan.
- Add canned black beans and corn.
- Mix well and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Sour Cream Instructions:
- In a blender or food processor, combine all sour cream ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Note that leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator in a mason jar or sealed container.
- Create your base by adding the quinoa.
- Top with the veggie and bean mixture.
- Complete your masterpiece with sour cream, lettuce and all your favorite toppings including guacamole and salsa.
- Serving Size: 4 servings