Do you love Chipotle but want something that you can make at home that is 100% plant-based, healthy and delicious?
Well, we have the exact thing for you!
My wonderful guest blogger, Shannon Leparski of The Glowing Fridge, and I present THE VEGAN CHIPOTLE BOWL!
Ingredients for the Sour Cream topping:
Vegan Chipotle Bowl Instructions
- Prepare the quinoa according to package directions. For extra flavor use vegetable broth rather than plain water.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan, add coconut oil and turn heat to medium-high.
- Once the oil is melted, add red pepper, green pepper, red onion, and cilantro.
- Mix well and cook for about 5 minutes, until onions become translucent.
- In a small bowl, combine warm water, cumin, chili powder, black pepper and sea salt by whisking together.
- Pour the spice mixture over the vegetables in the pan.
- Add canned black beans and corn.
- Mix well and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Sour Cream Instructions:
- In a blender or food processor, combine all sour cream ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Note that leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator in a mason jar or sealed container.
- Create your base by adding the quinoa.
- Top with the veggie and bean mixture.
- Complete your masterpiece with sour cream, lettuce and all your favorite toppings including guacamole and salsa.
- Serving Size: 4 servings
Please let us know. Are you wanting some other great Mexican food? Let us know that too by commenting below.
I want to hear from you so that my team and I can offer you the best experience possible.
Originally Published on: Aug 28, 2014