Do you love Chipotle but want something that you can make at home that is 100% plant based, healthy and delicious?
Well, we have the exact thing for you!
My wonderful guest blogger, Shannon Leparski of The Glowing Fridge, and I present THE VEGAN CHIPOTLE BOWL!
Ingredients for the Bowl:
Ingredients for the Sour Cream topping:
Vegan Chipotle Bowl Instructions
- Prepare the quinoa according to package directions. For extra flavor use vegetable broth rather than plain water.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan, add coconut oil and turn heat to medium-high.
- Once oil is melted, add red pepper, green pepper, red onion, and cilantro.
- Mix well and cook for about 5 minutes, until onions become translucent.
- In a small bowl, combine warm water, cumin, chili powder, black pepper and sea salt by whisking together.
- Pour the spice mixture over the vegetables in the pan.
- Add canned black beans and corn.
- Mix well and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Sour Cream Instructions:
- In a blender or food processor, combine all sour cream ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Note that leftovers can be stored in refrigerator in a mason jar or sealed container.
- Create your base by adding the quinoa.
- Top with the veggie and bean mixture.
- Complete your masterpiece with sour cream, lettuce and all your favorite toppings including guacamole and salsa.
Did you love this recipe? Please let us know. Are you wanting some other great Mexican food? Let us know that too by commenting below.
I want to hear from you so that my team and I can offer to you the best experience possible.