This is a guest post by Edna Francis who enjoys blogging about kitchen appliances at http://homekitchenary.com/.
5 Common Mistakes People Make While Using A Toaster Oven
By Edna Francis
A Toaster oven for your kitchen is a great investment as it gives you relief in multiple aspects.
I asked Dr. Ho what she likes about Toaster Ovens. She liked the idea that her children can easily warm or cook something with this tool in their dorm room. Her choice is the reasonably priced BLACK+DECKER 4-Slice Countertop Toaster Oven. I reviewed this one and several others in the Best Microwave Toaster Oven 2017 – Buyer’s Guide. Editor choice was the Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven.
The Toaster Oven is a versatile machine which can toast, bake and heat your food. Obviously, something capable of doing so much will take up space on your countertop. Dedicating so much of your kitchen to an appliance will be justified when you fully utilize every function. However, some consumers cannot seem to get the hold of it and end up making some mistakes. Moreover, when a toaster oven fails to produce effective results due to such mistakes, disappointed users simply drop the idea and banish the appliance to a basement.
Some Common Toaster Oven Mistakes
- Forcing in too many bread slices. You’ll get more evenly browned toast if you toast 4 slices rather than the 6 that many toaster ovens can handle.
- Missing out on baking. You’re not fully utilizing your toaster oven if you aren’t using it for baking. Invest in small bakeware and you’ll enjoy being able to make cupcakes, meatloaf, and more.
- Neglecting the crumb catcher. You don’t have to keep your toaster oven clean just for better appearance. Bits, pieces and piled up grease in the crumb tray can overheat and catch flames.
- Unaware of the convection rules. Different models may cook different so it is best to keep checking your food. Also, make sure to lower the temperature by 25 degrees if your oven doesn’t do as such naturally. Thus, it will take a few experiments to become more acquainted with how quickly your convection oven cooks.
- Forgetting to unplug the toaster oven. Make a habit of unplugging your appliances when not in use. Leaving the cord plugged can result in accidents.
Be Careful – Toaster Oven Accidents are Real!
Toaster Ovens are one of the most commonly used electronic home appliances. If you become negligible in its use it can pose a great threat to you and your family.
This small appliance, has been accounted for about 3000 fire incidents and property damage of over $27 million from 2007 to 2011.
As difficult as it is to believe, reports on toaster oven accidents are very much real and people should be careful while using it.
People usually fit their toaster ovens underneath their kitchen cabinets. When they catch fire, they are effortlessly able to spread flares all through the kitchen. Regular regime of cleaning and emptying the crumb catcher can definitely slash the possibility of accidents. Thus, make sure to include this appliance as part of your kitchen (or dorm) cleaning regimen.
Toaster ovens today come with the convection settings, so it is not anymore exclusive to just larger ovens. This provides you the comfort of a toaster oven and the benefits of a convection oven. So the next time, someone asks you what can you really do with your convection toaster oven, tell them Baked Parmesan Zucchini Fries, Cinnamon Glazed Whole Wheat Pumpkin Donuts, Roasted Mushroom and Gruyere Sandwich, & Roasted Meatloaf are just a few ideas.
Elise here and I sure do hope that you all enjoyed that informative post.
Now it is your turn, what do you most like to cook in a toaster oven?
I will be linking this post up to the parties that are listed on my Party With Me page. If you are a blogger you should go link up too. If you are not then you still should go there are check out all of the greatness. Also, check out my Tip Tuesday Link Party that runs every Tuesday through Friday and We Are Pinnable. I am guest host for July.