Adding a bit of spice to this Watermelon Margarita makes it extra special.
Watermelon Margarita Ingredients:
- 3 cups fresh seedless watermelon, cut into small chunks
- 2 t. lime zest
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice – approximately 2 whole limes
- 4 oz. white tequila
- 2 oz. triple sec
- small watermelon wedges, for garnish (optional)
For the Rim:
- 3 T. coarse Himalayan sea salt, crushed
- 1 T. red chili powder (optional)
- To line the rim of the margarita glasses, grind some coarse Himalayan salt.
- Add the ground salt and chili pepper (if desired) to a shallow plate.
- Then, moisten the outside rim of each glass with a piece of fruit.
- Turn the glass at a 45-degree angle and roll it around in the salt or salt mixture on the plate.
- Use a damp paper towel to tidy up the bottom edge so you have a nice line.
- Adding the salt to the outer edge will prevent it from getting into your drink and affecting its taste.
- Add all Watermelon Margarita ingredients to a blender jar and blend on high until pulverized.
- Pour into a small testing glass to taste.
- Adjust ingredients to balance the flavors to your liking.
- Pour into prepared margarita glasses and serve immediately.
A great Watermelon Margarita is a lovely and festive treat.
This post may have been featured in a link party. Click HERE to check out all of the places where I link up.