Blooming Rice:2 1/2 c. wild rice (unsoaked)
Sauce:1 T. white truffle oil 1 1/4 t. fine Sea, Celtic or Himalayan Salt 2 T. coarsely chopped red bell pepper 1 t. fresh thyme 1 T. chopped chives 3/4 c. water 1 3/4 c. cashews (that have been presoaked)
Everything Else:4 c. bloomed rice (from the 2 1/2 c. wild rice follow directions 1, 2 & 3) 1 T. nutritional yeast 1 1/2 t. black pepper 8 halved cherry tomatoes 1/2 chopped red bell pepper 1/2 t. each finely chopped thyme & rosemary Sea, Celtic or Himalayan Salt, to taste 1 T. white truffle oil 3/4 c. diced Crimini mushrooms (optional)
1. Place rice in the food processor and “score” it by processing for 1 full minute.
2. To get the rice to “blossom,” transfer it to a large bowl and fill with water, until rice is covered by about 2 inches.
3. Allow to soak for several hours (up to 12) or until grains begin to open and soften. Rice will still be somewhat firm and perhaps a bit chewy. Rinse and use immediately or store in the fridge.
4. Prepare the sauce by blending all ingredients in a blender until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
5. Next, mix the remaining ingredients (a.k.a. “everything else”) in a large bowl.
6. Add the sauce and mix well.
7. Serve immediately, or store in the fridge.
Serving size varies based on if this will be a side dish or main dish.
- Serving Size: 2-4 servings
Please let me know what you think of this recipe and what other recipes that you would enjoy.
Originally published: Jun 24, 2014