One Pot Lemon Rosemary Chicken Thighs with Broccoli
This one-skillet One Pot Lemon Rosemary Chicken Thigh recipe is packed with flavor and is simple to prepare.
The rosemary offers particular benefit.
[ctt template=”8″ link=”3F3aD” via=”no” nofollow=”yes”]Rosemary can help to boost memory, improve mood, reduce inflammation, and increase immunity.[/ctt]
The classic pairing of fresh rosemary and lemon is the centerpiece of this dish, while the addition of sautéed shallots adds a subtle depth to the flavors.
When paired with broccoli, you have the makings of a satisfying, low-carb meal that will soon become a new family favorite.
Tip: Organic lemons are recommended for this dish. This is especially important as the skin is not removed prior to cooking.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30-35 minutes
- 3 T. unsalted butter, divided
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 medium shallots, sliced thin
- 1 c. chicken stock, preferably organic (even better if homemade)
- 1½ T. fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 1 medium organic lemon, sliced and cut into small, thin wedges
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until melted. Swirl to coat bottom of the pan.
- Unroll chicken thighs and season each side with salt and black pepper.
- Add seasoned chicken to hot skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until chicken is golden brown and releases easily from the bottom of the skillet.
- Remove from heat and transfer chicken to a plate. Cover and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining butter and sliced shallots to skillet.
- Sauté shallots, stirring occasionally, until soft and golden brown, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock to skillet and increase heat to medium-high.
- Bring liquid to a boil while using a spatula or wooden spoon to scrape up brown bits from bottom of the pan.
- Add chopped rosemary leaves and continue cooking until liquid is reduced by about half, approximately 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Return chicken and its juices to the skillet, along with the broccoli and thin lemon wedges.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until broccoli is crisp-tender and chicken has cooked through. (Internal temperature should read 165°F on an instant-read thermometer).
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with a spoonful of pan sauce drizzled over each chicken thigh.
- Garnish with additional lemon wedges, if desired.
Click HERE to check out all of the places where I link up.
Be sure to never miss a link party by signing up for Link Party notifications. Just click HERE.