One Pot Lemon Rosemary Chicken Thighs with Broccoli
This one-skillet One Pot Lemon Rosemary Chicken Thigh recipe is packed with flavor and is simple to prepare.
*This post may contain affiliate links. Click HERE to read my full disclosure.*
The rosemary offers particular benefit.
Rosemary can help to boost memory, improve mood, reduce inflammation, and increase immunity.
The classic pairing of fresh rosemary and lemon is the centerpiece of this dish, while the addition of sautéed shallots adds a subtle depth to the flavors.
When paired with broccoli, you have the makings of a satisfying, low-carb meal that will soon become a new family favorite.
Tip: Organic lemons are recommended for this dish. This is especially important as the skin is not removed prior to cooking.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30-35 minutes
- 3 T. unsalted butter, divided
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 medium shallots, sliced thin
- 1 c. chicken stock, preferably organic (even better if homemade)
- 1½ T. fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 1 medium organic lemon, sliced and cut into small, thin wedges
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until melted. Swirl to coat bottom of the pan.
- Unroll chicken thighs and season each side with salt and black pepper.
- Add seasoned chicken to hot skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until chicken is golden brown and releases easily from the bottom of the skillet.
- Remove from heat and transfer chicken to a plate. Cover and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining butter and sliced shallots to skillet.
- Sauté shallots, stirring occasionally, until soft and golden brown, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock to skillet and increase heat to medium-high.
- Bring liquid to a boil while using a spatula or wooden spoon to scrape up brown bits from bottom of the pan.
- Add chopped rosemary leaves and continue cooking until liquid is reduced by about half, approximately 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Return chicken and its juices to the skillet, along with the broccoli and thin lemon wedges.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until broccoli is crisp-tender and chicken has cooked through. (Internal temperature should read 165°F on an instant-read thermometer).
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with a spoonful of pan sauce drizzled over each chicken thigh.
- Garnish with additional lemon wedges, if desired.
Click HERE to check out all of the places where I link up.
Be sure to never miss a link party by signing up for Link Party notifications. Just click HERE.