Fresh Ginger and Lemongrass Lemonade
With just a couple of ingredients, you can be serving up this “Gourmet” Lemonade in no time!
- 4 cup water
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup honey
- 2 3” stalks lemongrass, cut into small chunks
- 3” fresh ginger, peeled and cut into small pieces
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice [approximately 4 whole lemons]
- 3 cups cold water
- fresh mint, for garnish
- To make the ginger simple syrup, add 1 cup water and 1 cup white sugar to a medium saucepan. Peel a 3” piece of fresh ginger and chop into small pieces and add to the pan with the chopped lemongrass.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a 32 oz. glass pitcher, add lemon juice and water and stir to combine. Add simple syrup as desired.
- Serve poured over ice with fresh mint for garnish.
The smaller you cut each piece, the more surface area you will expose to the boiling mixture, which will add more flavor to the syrup.
Offer additional infused simple syrup for those who want a little extra sweetness.