How To Make My Son’s Guacamole
I will admit that I am biased as my son did make this “How To Make Guacamole” video.I can guarantee that you will find the video to be fun and the guacamole to be delicious. Click To Tweet
Please watch the video and leave a comment on it for my son to see.
(Shameless Mom asking for you to show some love to her son.)
- 1 large tomato
- 10 medium avocados
- 1 each Jalapeño pepper and Serrano pepper
- 1 lime
- 2 medium or 1 large white onion
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt & black pepper to taste
1. Using proper dicing technique, dice the tomato.
2. Place in a large bowl
3. Remove fruit from avocado skin, discarding pit.
4. Add avocado to bowl with tomato.
5. Dice the onion using the illustrated technique.
6. Add the onion to the bowl.
7. Deseed and dice the jalapeño, adding to bowl.
8. Repeat with Serrano chili.
9. Chop the garlic, adding to the other ingredients.
10. Add salt and pepper to taste.
11. Juice one lime over entire contents of bowl.
12. Mix all ingredients to desired consistency.
This guacamole recipe is full of goodness and if one chooses to go organic then it is that much better.
Avocado provides heart-healthy monounsaturated fat. This monounsaturated fat is actually what provides most of the calories for this dish. Monounsaturated fat has been shown to help decrease your LDL cholesterol, or what is typically referred to as “bad cholesterol.” Additionally, monounsaturated fat may actually raise your “good cholesterol.”
Avocado also contains soluble and insoluble fiber. This helps with things such as appetite control and bowel cleansing. Additionally, avocado provides Vitamins B, K and E. These will help with metabolic function, bone health, and skin health.
The other ingredients in guacamole provide benefits such as reduction in toxicity in the bladder and kidneys. They can assist with fighting congestion and help to ward off cancer.
A word of caution if you enjoy your guacamole with chips. Accordingly, chips will provide extra calories, salt and no health benefit whatsoever. In my opinion, you are much better off with carrot or celery sticks, sliced peppers or a healthy raw cracker.
Have a fiesta of a day!
This post has been updated, original publication date 5.18.13