Grilled Chicken Breast is a great protein to have readily available.
Everyone needs a quick and versatile grilled chicken recipe that consistently delivers great flavor. The fact that it will also help you to save time and money makes it that much better.
The best part is that the flavors go with just about anything else you want to serve, including carb conscious grilled garden vegetables, leafy salads or steamed broccoli.
To save time, double or triple this #lowcarb grilled chicken recipe to pull together quick lunches or dinners throughout the week. Click To Tweet
Keeping low-carb protein on hand is a great plan for busy weeknights.
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ c. apple cider vinegar
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 2 t. lemon zest
- 3 T. fresh oregano, rinsed and crushed with fingers to release oils
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, rinsed and crushed with fingers to release oils
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed and peeled
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 8-oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts*
- Add the marinade ingredients to a large glass bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add chicken breasts to a 1-gallon sealable freezer bag and pour marinade mixture over top.
- Seal back and turn to coat breasts thoroughly.
- Place the bag in a bowl and set in the refrigerator for a minimum of one hour. If you have the time overnight is best. Turn the bag a couple times to evenly distribute the marinade.
- Remove chicken from the refrigerator and discard marinade.
- Grill breasts over medium direct heat, turning once, for 10 – 12 minutes total.
- Remove from heat and let set for 5 minutes before serving.
*To make this a Keto friendly recipe simply substitute chicken thighs for the chicken breasts.
I am curious, what proteins do you keep on hand so as to save time and eat healthily?
Let me know in the comments below.