Great memories are what makes life wonderful.
When we are collecting great memories we are collecting life experiences.
Perhaps, you are naturally able to hold on to these wonderful happy experiences. Alternatively, or maybe additionally, you want to be more purposeful in collecting these memories.
Preserving Great Memories
If you want a new hobby that allows you to hold on to great memories then these tips are for you:
- Get clear on why you wish to start a collection. What will your benefit be?
- Decide what you wish to collect to hold these memories. My parents loved collecting magnets.
- Be particular so that your collection has cohesiveness and meaning.
- Research your genre. If you are collecting with the idea that you, or your beneficiaries, may receive potential financial benefits be especially diligent with this step.
- Shop carefully. Nothing should be purchased unless it truly fulfills the goals of your collection.
- Have a plan for organization and maintenance.
If you already have an awesome collection, but it needs some tidying, then these tips are for you:
- Decide what you do not want.
- Do not buy anything further unless it makes your heart very happy.
- Decide on a method of display keeping in mind cost, ease of cleaning and enjoyment of viewing.
- Have a place for everything.
- Use labels to further organize.
When it comes to collecting memories things can quickly get out of hand if you do not stay organized.
My Great Memories
For me, I have various ways that I like to collect memories but one in particular definitely needs proper organization.
I enjoy making memory boxes or bags. These are a collection of a few special keepsakes that make me think of a special trip, event or experience. Often, I include a journal entry with this memory box and then a few other items.
These are so very special but they can also become unorganized if I am not careful.
One thing that helps me tremendously is being sure to label these memory bags and boxes. Wizard Labels help with that.
One of the things that I really love about these labels is that you can get completely customized labels. For example, “Ho Family Memories” in a custom shape. I can even add an image such as trees since we love nature.
I also got to thinking that I may like to make custom labels for handmade gifts, but I digress.
The labels are super good quality but you do not need to take my word for it. Jump on their website and request sample labels. If you own your own business this is even more of a reason to check out the offerings as there are many, many options.
Great memories are for holding dear so keep making those memories.