The antioxidant levels in this lovely Pitaya Powerhouse are virtually unmatched.
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 4 c. low sodium vegetable broth*
- 3 carrots
- 6 asparagus spears
- 4 c. of spinach.
- Add the broth* to a pot
- Add onion and garlic.
- Sauté until onion begins to soften.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut 1 sweet potato, 1 turnip and 1 carrot.
- Add all to the onion pot, along with 2 c. vegetable stock.
- Slice 6 asparagus spears into bite sized pieces, add to onion pot.
- Cook until all vegetables are softened.
- Add 4 c. of spinach.
Enjoy the vegetable soup as is, or if you prefer a creamy vegetable soup:
- Blend all ingredients until smooth and serve immediately.
- Garnish with fresh mint. Enjoy!
Vegetable broth is very easy to make at home.
Simply add your favorite vegetables to a stock pot, cover with cold water and add a bit of your favorite low sodium seasoning. Boil for approximately one hour and you now have beautiful homemade broth.
You can use any vegetables and they may be freshly chopped, scraps (think carrot peels) or even the pulp from your juicer.
- Serving Size: 3 servings