- 1 1/2 Pounds Trout (may substitute Wild Salmon)
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Mint Leaves, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 t. Black Pepper
- 1 Pinch Sea Salt
- 1 Bunch Cilantro including stems, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon or Lime Juice
- 2 Pinches Chili Pepper Flakes (optional)
- Season the fish with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine all chutney ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth and fragrant. Set aside.
- Heat a griddle, grill, or grill pan on medium-‐high heat and place fish on the grill.
- Allow the fish to cook until skin is charred and fish is almost cooked through. For Salmon, this will take about 15 minutes depending on the thickness of the salmon but for Trout, it is much quicker.
- Turn the fish over and grill a few more minutes, until fish is fully cooked.
- Remove from heat and lay skin side up on a platter.
- Spread chutney on top of fish.
- Serve with wedges of lemon or lime.
Nutrition Information is based on the original recipe which includes trout as the main protein.
- Calories: 479
- Sodium: 226mg
- Fat: 34.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.9 g
- Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 38.1 g
- Cholesterol: 107 mg