Dr. Mark Hyman makes a double batch of the Bell Pepper Mini Quiche recipe and freezes half to have for later.
Mark loves knowing that on busy mornings when he is catching a plane or needs a snack between meetings, he can pop one in the toaster oven and avoid craving something sweet.
Note: I like to add spinach or chopped broccoli to my version of the Bell Pepper Mini Quiche recipe.
Serves: 12 Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
Bell Pepper Mini Quiche Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 8 large omega‑3 eggs
- 4 bell peppers (yellow, green, and red), seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper, or to taste
Bell Pepper Mini Quiche Directions
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Brush a 12-cup muffin tin with the grapeseed oil.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl.
- Add the bell peppers, salt, cumin, black pepper, and cayenne and stir to combine.
- Divide the egg mixture among the muffin cups, filling them just below the rim.
- Place the muffin tin on a rimmed baking sheet and transfer it to the oven.
- Bake, rotating once, until the quiches are puffy and brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Simply reheat in the Toaster Oven at 325°F until warmed through, about 10 minutes.
Nutritional analysis per serving (1 mini quiche): Calories 145, Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 300 mg, Fiber 2 g, Protein 11 g, Carbohydrates 8 g, Sodium 586 mg
While we are on the subject of Toaster Oven’s (sort of) I thought that I would share this article on 5 Common Mistakes People Make While Using A Toaster Oven.
A little excerpt about my favorite Toaster Ovens is included but mostly it is about how to avoid a fire and other mistakes.
The bit about me:
I asked Dr. Ho what she likes about Toaster Ovens. She liked the idea that her children can easily warm or cook something with this tool in their dorm room. Her choice is the reasonably priced BLACK+DECKER 4-Slice Countertop Toaster Oven. I reviewed this one and several others in the Best Microwave Toaster Oven 2017 – Buyer’s Guide. Editor choice was the Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven.
If you like this recipe then you may also like these other recipes.
- Vegetable Hash Fried Eggs
- Ginger Spice Smoothie
- Rice Protein Shake
- Grilled Trout with Cilantro Mint Chutney
- Thai Tofu and Avocado Salad with Chile-Lime Dressing
- Broccoli Rabe with Hot Italian Sausage
- Hearty Greens over Soba Noodles
- Vegetable Curry
- Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai
- Greek Chicken Thighs with Artichokes and Olives
- Wild Mushroom Saute
These recipes are friendly to the following Dr. Hyman Plans:
Blood Sugar Solution
Eat Fat, Get Thin
Will you try the quiche recipe? What is your favorite breakfast to have on hand for a quick grab and go option?
Please let me know in the comments below.
I will be linking this post up to the parties that are listed on my Party With Me page. If you are a blogger you should go link up too. If you are not then you still should go there are check out all of the greatness.