Wild Mushroom Saute is a simple, yet delicious, side with robust flavors— perfect over shirataki noodles or your favorite steamed vegetables.
Wild Mushroom Saute Serves: 4 Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes■ 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil ■ 1 large shallot, finely chopped ■ ¾ teaspoon sea salt ■ 10 ounces maitake or shiitake mushrooms, trimmed and cut into ½-inch pieces ■ 8 ounces oyster mushrooms, trimmed and cut into ½-inch pieces ■ 5 ounces cremini mushrooms, trimmed and cut into ½-inch pieces ■ ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper ■ 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds ■ grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Add the shallot and ¼ teaspoon of the salt.
- Cook until lightly browned, about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the mushrooms, the remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and the black pepper.
- Cook until the mushrooms are brown and tender, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. The natural juices from the mushrooms will release and then evaporate.
- Transfer the mushrooms to a serving platter and sprinkle with the sesame seeds, lime zest, and lime juice. Serve.
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories: 120, Fat: 8 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Fiber: 4 g, Protein: 4 g, Carbohydrates: 12 g, Sodium: 418 mg
Featured on page 258 of the 10 day diet detox cookbook
Do you want even more fantastic recipes?