Broccoli Rabe with Hot Italian Sausage.
Broccoli Rabe with Hot Italian Sausage is #lowcarb #glutenfree and delicious served hot or cold. Click To Tweet
- Bring a 3-quart saucepan of water to a boil over high heat.
- Prepare an ice bath by placing 6 ice cubes in a bowl and filling it to the top with cold water; set aside.
- Add ½ teaspoon salt and the broccoli rabe to the boiling water.
- Cook until just tender, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Drain, and transfer to the ice bath.
- When the broccoli has cooled, drain again and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat until shimmering.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until golden, about 20 seconds.
- Transfer the garlic to a plate and reserve.
- Add the sausage to the pan and sauté, breaking it up with the back of a spoon.
- Cook the sausage until it begins to brown and crisp, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the broccoli rabe, lemon zest, and reserved garlic to the pan.
- Toss until warmed, 2 to 3 minutes, and season with the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle with the lemon juice.
- Serve immediately, with additional lemon wedges.
- Calories: 300
- Sodium: 495 mg
- Fat: 25 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 14 g
- Cholesterol: 45 mg
Original Publication Date: Mar 2, 2015