I love a super smoothie and my daughter just told me that she is addicted to smoothies so I thought why not…
10 Super Smoothies that will satisfy whatever sensation you are looking for.
From chocolate to fruity to superfoods and more we have you covered with these 10 Super Smoothie Recipes! Click To Tweet
(1) Vegan Cran-Raspberry Mint Smoothie from Kicking It With Kelly.
Note: It can be hard to get cranberries at certain times of the year so stock up on frozen unsweetened cranberries every Fall.
(2) Dancing Through The Rain Easy Berry Green Smoothie
Note: I make something similar but I use unsweetened almond milk instead of orange juice.
(3) Natural Ways Consulting Dragon Fruit Smoothie.
Note: Dragon Fruit and Pitaya are the same things.
(4) Rice Protein Shake from Dr. Mark Hyman
Note: You can substitute any protein that you enjoy.
(5) The Eat Fat, Get Thin Ginger Spice Smoothie.
Note: The ginger is great for your digestion.
(6) Two Healthy Kitchens brings us Pineapple Orange Creamsicle Smoothies.
Note: This one reminds me of Orange Julius. My hubby and I often went there when we were dating.
(7) Creative Green Living Strawberry Basil Lime Smoothie
Note: I have never put maple syrup into my smoothie so now I am curious.
(8) Mama Likes To Cook Matcha Green Tea Chia Smoothie
Note: Matcha has so many health benefits so why not add it to a super smoothie?
(9) Mint Honeydew Smoothie from The Worktop
Note: I do not often see honeydew in a smoothie so I thought we could give it a try.
(10) Any of the awesome smoothies that I have posted for you on the Ask Dr. Ho Smoothie Pinterest Board.
Do you want to buy an awesome blender but cannot decide which one?
I would also love to know your favorite smoothie recipes. Comment below.
The antioxidant levels in this lovely powerhouse are virtually unmatched.
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 4 c. low sodium vegetable broth*
- 3 carrots
- 6 asparagus spears
- 4 c. of spinach.
- Add the broth* to a pot
- Add onion and garlic.
- Sauté until onion begins to soften.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut 1 sweet potato, 1 turnip and 1 carrot.
- Add all to the onion pot, along with 2 c. vegetable stock.
- Slice 6 asparagus spears into bite sized pieces, add to onion pot.
- Cook until all vegetables are softened.
- Add 4 c. of spinach.
Enjoy the vegetable soup as is, or if you prefer a creamy vegetable soup:
- Blend all ingredients until smooth and serve immediately.
- Garnish with fresh mint. Enjoy!
Vegetable broth is very easy to make at home.
Simply add your favorite vegetables to a stock pot, cover with cold water and add a bit of your favorite low sodium seasoning. Boil for approximately one hour and you now have beautiful homemade broth.
You can use any vegetables and they may be freshly chopped, scraps (think carrot peels) or even the pulp from your juicer.
- Serving Size: 3 servings