Thai Tofu & Avocado Salad with Chile-Lime Dressing.
Look for organic, extra-firm tofu, which has a pleasing texture and will soak up the dressing really well.
- 1 (14‑ounce) package non- GMO extra- firm tofu, drained and cut into ½– inch cubes
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons extra- virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 cups shredded napa, green cabbage or spinach
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut into eighths
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion or shallot
- ½ cup roughly chopped mixed fresh herbs (such as cilantro, mint, and/or basil)
- 2 tablespoons slivered or sliced almonds
- ½ avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced
- Place the tofu in a large salad bowl and sprinkle with the turmeric.
- Toss well to combine.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, fish sauce, and red pepper flakes.
- Pour half of the dressing over the tofu and set aside for 30 minutes to allow it to marinate while you cut up the vegetables.
- Set aside the remaining dressing.
- Add the cabbage, cucumber, tomatoes, and onion to the tofu.
- Add the remaining dressing to the salad and toss well to combine.
- Garnish with the herbs, almonds, and avocado and serve.
Substitute Vegan Mushroom Sauce for the Fish Sauce to make this a terrific vegan meal.
Nutritional analysis per serving is based on calculations in the 10 Day Diet Detox Cookbook.
- Calories: 240
- Sodium: 370 mg.
- Fat: 17 g.
- Saturated Fat: 3 g.
- Carbohydrates: 11 g.
- Fiber: 5 g.
- Protein: 13 g.
- Cholesterol: ) mg
Keywords: 10 day Detox, Blood Sugar Solution, low-carb
I first published this Thai Tofu and Avocado Salad in 2015 during the height of its debut in the 10 Day Detox Diet Cookbook. There are many wonderful recipes in this book, which I highly recommend.
I also encourage you to check out all of the recipes on this site.
Are you ready to try this recipe? Why or why not?