Chipotle Salmon with Arugula Salad.
The combination of flavors will quickly captivate your taste buds and make this a family favorite.
The balsamic vinegar in this recipe lends a subtle sweetness and depth to the smoky-spicy chipotle.
- 1 large head cauliflower, cored and cut into 2-inch florets
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (7-ounce) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, peppers seeded and minced, 2 teaspoons sauce reserved
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 (4- to 6-ounce) boneless, skin-on wild salmon fillets
- 2 cups baby arugula
- ¼ cup chopped sundried tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Place the cauliflower florets on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with ¼ teaspoon salt and a pinch of black pepper.
- Toss to coat the cauliflower with the oil and seasonings.
- Roast the cauliflower, stirring once midway, until it is tender and golden, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and reduce the temperature to 400°F.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, and balsamic vinegar.
- Place the salmon fillets, skin-side down, in a baking dish.
- Use a spoon or a brush to coat the top of the salmon with the chipotle mixture.
- Bake until the salmon is cooked through, 12 to 16 minutes, depending on the thickness.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the roasted cauliflower, arugula, sundried tomatoes, olives, and pine nuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, cider vinegar, mustard, and a pinch of salt.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad, gently tossing to combine.
- Serve with the salmon.
- Calories: 416
- Sodium: 519 mg.
- Fat: 25 g.
- Saturated Fat: 3 g.
- Carbohydrates: 22 g.
- Fiber: 8 g.
- Protein: 30 g.
- Cholesterol: 65 mg.
So what do you think? Will you try the recipe? Are you ready to get healthy?
Let me know in the comments below.
Original Publication Date Jan 6, 2018