Baked Apple Delight with Coconut Whipped Cream.
What is your favorite thing to do with all of the lovely apples of the Fall season?
My favorite is Baked Apple Delight.
The “Delight” of the “Baked Apple Delight” comes from the multitasking beauty that allows it to go from breakfast to snack to dessert and, of course, there is that whole healthy, yummy goodness thing.
- 2 lb baking apples, any kind
- 1 lb pears*
- 1 lb frozen** pitted cherries
- 1/4 c. raisins
- cinnamon, nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Core and cut the apples and pears into bite-size chunks.
- Cut the cherries in half.
- Place all in a large baking dish.
- Cover dish and bake for about one hour, or until all fruits have softened.
- Remove from oven.